1. ABOUT MADAMELEFO
2. ABOUT THIS POLICY
3. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
4. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT, AND HOW?
When you interact with us, whether by using our Website or communicating with us, we may collect the following information about you:
- information you give us: you may give us information about yourself if you sign up for an account on our Website, complete any online forms (such as registration forms, competitions, and surveys), opt in to receive our newsletters, enter a competition or promotion, participate in social media functions with our Website, or correspond with us (by email, telephone, social media or otherwise).
This information may include your name, address or location, telephone number, email address, age range and gender, amongst other information.
- information we receive from other sources: we may receive information about you from your other accounts or other websites, including our social media providers like Facebook, advertising networks and analytics partners, amongst others.
- Non-personal, aggregated information about subscribers’ use of our weekly or daily email and site: this information is not personally identifiable and will only be used to find out how subscribers use our weekly or daily email, site and services. For example, this information will tell us how often a user opens the daily email, how much time users spend on our site, from which other sites subscribers came, and to what other sites subscribers go. The collection of this information allows us to, among other things, prepare for traffic load demands and to efficiently deliver your emails.
- information our IT systems collect about you: each time you visit the Website, certain information will be created and automatically recorded by our IT systems. That information includes:
- cookies: we’ve set out more details about cookies below, but these small text files can help improve your experience with the Website and make it easier to interact with us. This may include storing your location or language preferences to save you having to re-enter information when returning to, or ensuring that items you wish to order don’t disappear as you navigate between pages on, our Website;
- device information: the information provided by your device will differ depending on which type of device you are using (whether it’s a PC, Mac, iPhone, Android, or otherwise) and the settings on that device, but includes the type of device you have (such as an iPhone 6S or Samsung Galaxy S7), the device’s IP address, the browser you are using, your mobile network provider (for mobile devices), the pages you have visited, your time zone and country location, and crash or download error reports.
5. WHAT DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION FOR?
To make our Website work, including to allow you to administer your subscription and to optimise your experience we need to use the information that we collect in a number of different ways. The key purposes for which we use your information are as follows:
- we may also use your information to communicate with you about your subscription and provide you with customer support when needed.
- to administer, maintain, and optimise our Website, our services and your experience: we want you to have the best experience possible when you interact with us. To do this, we use your information (including log data and statistical information) to ensure that the Website and its features are functioning correctly, to adapt and customise our Website to better suit your preferences;
- to provide you with customer services: if you contact us or provide us with feedback for any reason, whether by email, phone or otherwise, we will use your information (including your name, phone number, and email address) to help us categorise the communication, respond to you, and where appropriate, investigate, and resolve any issue or incident that you may have;
- For advertising and marketing purposes: where you have told us you would like to receive marketing communications, unless you tell us otherwise, MadameLefo will use your personal information (including your name, email address and address) to occasionally send you updates, news, and various articles via email, post, or other forms of media. We may use your information (including supplemental information received from partners that we append to our existing customer information), to tailor these messages to you;
- to carry out research, analysis, and surveys on your use of our Website, and views: where you have opted in to receiving communications from us, we may use your personal details (including your name, address, email address, and phone number) to send you polls and surveys to find out your views of our Website and services. We may also carry out analysis of, and research into, the ways that you use our Website so we can optimise the Website and your experience. We may use third parties to carry out any research, analysis, and surveys, or to deliver incentives in return for your participation in polls, as further set out below; and
Please note that we do not sell your information without your consent (whether your name, address, emails address, or otherwise) to any third party.
6. WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH?
To provide the Website and our services, we work with a number of carefully selected third parties. To do this, we may share your information with these third parties in the following limited circumstances:
third party service providers for business purposes: to function properly, we rely on a number of carefully selected third parties to provide us with services and products. These include our partner boutiques to whom you may be redirected through our Website, analytics companies to enable our marketing, research companies to help us carry out surveys, IT/technology providers to support, maintain and provide our technology and IT infrastructure and others. We permit these companies to use your personal information only to the extent necessary to provide us with their services and products; we do not allow these third parties to disclose or use your information for any other purposes. We have high expectations and requirements in their handling of your personal information, as you do in ours, and we hold them to these;
to comply with legal requests: on occasion we may be required to liaise with regulators, whether as a result of law, a court order, or another legal process. Although we dispute requests wherever suitable, in some cases we may have to share your information with the regulators. Where we consider it appropriate, and provided we are not prohibited from doing so by law or court order, we will attempt to notify you of these legal demands; and
7. TRANSFERS OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use technology such as “cookies” to collect information and store your online preferences. Cookies are small pieces of information sent by a web server to a web browser, which allows the server to uniquely identify the browser on each page.
We use the following categories of cookies on our Website
- CATEGORY 1: PERFORMANCE COOKIES These cookies collect anonymous information on how you use our Website. For example, we use Google Analytics cookies to help us understand how customers arrive at our site, browse or use our site and highlight areas where we can improve areas such as navigation and marketing campaigns. The data stored by these cookies does not show personal details from which your individual identity can be established. You may opt out of these cookies using your browser settings but it may affect the performance of our Website.
- CATEGORY 2: TARGETING COOKIES OR ADVERTISING COOKIES These cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advert as well as help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. The cookies are usually placed by third party advertising networks. They remember the websites you visit and that information is shared with other parties such as advertisers. For example, we use third party companies to provide you with more personalised adverts when visiting other websites.
- CATEGORY 3: SOCIAL MEDIA COOKIES These cookies allow you to share what you’ve been doing on the Website on social media such as Facebook. These cookies are not within our control. Please refer to the respective privacy policies for how their cookies work. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the help and support area on your Internet browser for instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.AboutCookies.org. Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our Website.
To opt out of:
- Google Analytics cookies, please visit Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on;
- other third party cookies relating to behavioural advertising, please go to www.youronlinechoices.eu.
Please note that opting out does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising. It does mean that the company or companies from which you opted out will no longer deliver adverts tailored to your web preferences and usage patterns, so you may see a greater number of adverts that are irrelevant to you and your preferences.
9. MARKETING OPT-IN AND OPT-OUT PROVISION
We offer you the chance to receive news and updates which, depending on your preferences, we will discuss with you by phone or send to you via email, SMS and/or direct mail. These include alerts for various articles, contests, events of interest, and one-off marketing promotions.
You can unsubscribe from receiving MadameLefo emails at any time. You can unsubscribe by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link in the footer of any MadameLefo weekly or daily email or on the bottom of the MadameLefo homepage and following the instructions. We, of course, do not want to see you go, but if for any reason you want to leave us and have trouble doing so please email info@madamelefo.
You have the right to ask us not to use your personal information for marketing. At all times, we will offer you the opportunity to unsubscribe from any service or update to which you have subscribed, if you change your mind. Whenever you receive direct marketing from us, we will tell you how to unsubscribe.
Keeping you and your personal information secure is very important to us. We take a number of reasonable steps to try to protect the personal information that you provide, including:
- using a Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) to encrypt the personal data that you send us during the order process (including any financial information such as credit or debit card details);
- requiring you to establish a password to access your account on our Website;
- regularly monitoring our servers and IT systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
Unfortunately, despite this, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to or through our Website, and any such transmission is at your own risk. In particular, please keep in mind that if you voluntarily disclose personal information online in a non-protected environment (such as a message board, shopping list, or in chat areas) then that information can be collected and used by others outside of our or your control.
11. CONTACT US & ACCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
- using the online contact form;
- by emailing us at email@example.com;
12. UPDATES TO THIS POLICY